Re: *** [maint-guide-publish] Error 2

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 09:03:24PM +0300, Ari Makela wrote:
> > We could definitely use a developer whose main objective is documentation,
> > and especially a document like the Reference. All the time there's talk
> > about non-packager developers and we have no one to prove it :)
>
> Well, that's why I joined Debian. I've been a Debian developer something
> like eight days so all I have achieved is a few tentative CVS commits to
> the Finnish translation of Debian Reference and a suggestion for a
> chapter in the System Administrator's Guide. I.e. very little.
>
> Debian NM process has some problems and one of them is that the process
> is, IMHO, biased to packaging.

It's a bit harder to rate someone's contributions to documentation than it
is to rate the quality of a package.

I think it will be much easier for Osamu to join solely based on the
documentation because he's authored a full document; all other doc-only NMs
I've seen haven't done anything like that.

> For example, I had to package a little script of mine. I feel I would have
> been more useful if I had written some documentation instead.

Wait, your AM had you package something even though you were aiming just at
documentation?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.