Re: cvs commit to ddp/manuals.sgml/apt-howto by kov

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:50:23 +0100
Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> wrote:

> 	Just a quick note. What are translation teams for?
I know nothing about them...

> 	Similarly Thomas Bliesener submitted some DWN to Joey which did
> not go through the review process of the translation team (IIRC David
> Martinez got quite pissed by these)
so ask people to put information on what groups are these and who are
the members somwhere... I just manage things on cvs and on my package...
translations is not my main issue (for portuguese yes, it is, but not for other
languages)

the Italian version of apt-howto is ready but the guy who did the translation
to Italian is now taking care of showing it widely to italian lists and stuff
for review before sending me a version to put on cvs and on the package

I think this is better... he knows about .it translation teams, I know
nothing... all I know is debian-l10n-portuguese (not that I don't want
to know or don't care for other translations, I just don't have the time)

> 	We should definitely have a clear and stated procedure (policy) on
> how translation should be done in Debian.
agreed

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>