Re: Debian reference

First of all, please STOP mistyping my first name.

> > The Quick Reference mostly assumes that the reader understands the basic
> > concepts. Instead of detailed explanations, he needs quick reminders or
> > examples of how to do something. A "Quick Reference" is not a
> > replacement for manpages and other detailed documentation.

The Wuick Reference is now Debian Reference. I thought Osamu did this in the
new tree, this is what I suggested. It's his fault if he did these changes
in the qref tree :)

The stuff he added from the FAQ really wasn't suitable for the FAQ. Like you
said:

> The FAQ offers detailed introductions to or explanations of a wide range
> of conceptual issues, from philosophical ones ("what does 'free' mean in
> the Debian context?") to technical ones ("how does Debian package
> dependency work?").

I never wanted to move things like that from the FAQ. What I told Osamu to
move was the full explanations of how the Debian archive works, how the
packaging system works and other similar things. From what I can see, he did
that.

Time permitting, I'll be looking at the SGML sources soon.

> > look at areas of duplication in the two documents. Some repetition can
> > probably be eliminated, and cross-references can be added.

Usually duplication isn't too bad if the maintenance overhead isn't large,
and the information is not long.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.