Re: NM Guide: undocumented way to create Debian package?

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 10:19:10PM +0700, Bambang Purnomosidi D. P. wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 12:37, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > you are welcome to send patches, of course... people that is on
> > the list could then proof-read, etc
>
> Would someone please kindly show me {some|a} pointer to HOWTO send
> patches?
>
> I know that I can use diff, but is there any specific procedure for
> Debian project to send patches?

man patch

has a very nice, lengthy explanation of the issues involved in sending
patches. diff -u is the norm around here, be sure to put the older
file first on the command line (I usually name the older file xxx.orig).

|            Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com          |