Re: Renaming as "Debian Reference"?

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 01:52:46PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> How about "Where is pine?" or "Is Debian able to run my old libc5
> programs?". Those may seem trivial, but they still are FAQs that need to be
> documented.

Good one.  I will think about it after checking details of script.
apt-get source, I think.

> > It also has been translated to French and Italian.  I realize making major
> > change at this moment has very negative impact for the translation.
>
> Translations of whole documents are never easy, and they will always get out
> of date with another version of the document. That's just the way it is. :(

I want it to be minimum trouble.  That's why I am starting new archive
as suppliment.

> > Also most translators are just getting hang of CVS so I want to keep this
> > easy and center in sourceforge.  Sourceforge has better support as CVS
> > site.  (I do not know how many people can send crypted e-mail just to
> > get pserver CVS account.)
>
> We don't require crypted e-mails to provide pserver accounts, if that's what
> you mean...

Adam Di Carlo requested me to do.  Good prectice for sending pass word.
Looking at his GPG sig, WWW maintainer aph@debian.org is him.

> > Maybe after doing this all, we should reorganize the whole thing and
> > make a good "Debian Reference (V2)" under /reference.
>
> That's what I'm saying :) There shouldn't be several documents about
> basically the same thing.

Good.  I agree.  Also, typical Debian users do not need a long explanation.
All thyey need is pointer to the right information and few shell action
records.

There is always real documentation in package and source code so these
reference should not reinvent them.  I like my short format :)

Osamu