Re: Debian Manuals

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 02:34:50PM -0400, Richard Coleman wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>
>  I was browsing the Debian Documentation Project pages at
> (http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp).
> Are there any plans to release the manuals in a non http format?  I've come
> across a couple of manuals that state that they have been released, but when
> I get there all I can find is a collection of linked web pages.

	The sources can be compiled to any format needed. However, we have
not yet placed the infrastructure to build (on the web) other documents
than HTML. In any case, please note that some manuals (the New
Maintainer's guide for example) are also distributed as packages which
contain both the HTML version and TXT/PDF ones.

	Regards

	Javi