From: Richard Coleman
To: debian-doc@lists.debian.org
Sent: 10/11/01 8:39 PM
Subject: Debian Manuals

To whom it may concern:

 I was browsing the Debian Documentation Project pages at
(http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp).
Are there any plans to release the manuals in a non http format?  I've
come
across a couple of manuals that state that they have been released, but
when
I get there all I can find is a collection of linked web pages.

I was looking for Debian documentation that I can print out.  The
current
http format doesn't even lend it self to simply printing out the various
pages.  The Linux Documentation Project provides their documentation in
variety of formats, ASCII, PS, PDF, HTTP.  If you want documentation to
be
truly useful, you shouldn't need a spare computer to view it on.

Thanks for the work you've done so far.