Re: Debian Manuals

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 14:34:50 -0400, Richard Coleman wrote:
> To whom it may concern:

Many free software contributions start out as people scratching their
itches. Someone whom this obviously concerns is you.

> I was browsing the Debian Documentation Project pages at
> (http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp).
> Are there any plans to release the manuals in a non http format?

I'll assume you mean "non HTML format". HTTP is not a document format, it is
a network protocol.

> I've come across a couple of manuals that state that they have been
> released, but when I get there all I can find is a collection of linked
> web pages.
>
> I was looking for Debian documentation that I can print out.

Debian's documentation, like that of the LDP, is written using an SGML DTD
and can thus in principle be converted to the same formats the LDP provides.
The easiest way to do this is to volunteer for it; I'm sure the webmasters
will appreciate your assistance.

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,