Re: translation support

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 01:32:58PM -0300, synthespian@uol.com.br wrote:

> > but some other things:
> >  - translate some debconf templates (see
> >    http://auric.debian.org/~grisu/debian_translation/)
>
> Last time I tried to translate something, I ended up working on
> something somebody already had taken as a job, because the URL above
> was totally out of sync with reality, it was _so_ outdated.

first I am the maintainer of this page.

second, The page don't watch the bts! (I don't write this, or don't I?)

I am not the delay. If someone send me a bug report number, I include
this number in one day (as max time).

The german part are _not_ outdated. I get from the german translators
mails and I add this all.

> I'm way too busy to have time to spend like that...

I understand this problem. Some translators don't coordinate their
work. Some maintainer don't include translations bugs. sorry, but am
not the problem.

Because of this, I start the ddtp and use a _server_ for the
coordination of the translation of the descriptions...

> I suggest that a formal mechanism of submitting and checking which
> translations are being done has to be set up.
> Submitting your choices do the L10N lists is kind of messy, and makes
> you loose some time. I feel translations at my L10N are a bit "out of
> control" in the sense that nobody knows who's translating what.
> I've suggeste using wiki pages, at least to go there and say "hey, I
> got this template here, I'll do it", but since there's already a web
> page that's supposed to be monitoring this, it would just be
> "forking-out to use anothe resource like a wiki web.

maybe someone can write some code (have we a perl-lib for this?) and
watch the bug reports...

Gruss
Grisu
Betriebsysteme kommen und gehen, aber nur Unix ist seit Anfang an
dabei.