Re: translating documentation and putting it on the web server

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 09:29:38AM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > > http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/index.html
> > > => Error 404
> >
> > You should edit the Makefile so it makes a *.html -> *.en.html symlink when
> > installing. But anyway, that URL isn't referenced anywhere, is it?
>
> Yes it is. From http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#devref (the the
> current development version link)

Ah, indeed. I've removed that now. :)

> > > It would be really great if we could manage to have the 'this page is
> > > translated to the following pages' thing at the bottom of the pages. Or,
> > > at least, the index.html should containt the list of all language and
> > > format in which is this manual.
> >
> > You're free to implement it... ;)
>
> hehe, ok, you're right. But should I hack in debiandoc2* or make a static
> index.html page ?
>
> I mean, does anyone have any idea of how we could hack in debiandoc to make
> it display links to translations at the bottom of each html page ?

I'm not sure. Maybe make a command line option for it to include some
user-defined piece of HTML at the bottom of every .html it generates? The
list of available translations would be added to it like that, with help of
some simple shell scripting.