Re: translating documentation and putting it on the web server

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:23:29PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 08:29:33AM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/index.html
> > => Error 404
>
> You should edit the Makefile so it makes a *.html -> *.en.html symlink when
> installing. But anyway, that URL isn't referenced anywhere, is it?

Yes it is. From http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#devref (the the
current development version link)

> > It would be really great if we could manage to have the 'this page is
> > translated to the following pages' thing at the bottom of the pages. Or,
> > at least, the index.html should containt the list of all language and
> > format in which is this manual.
>
> You're free to implement it... ;)

hehe, ok, you're right. But should I hack in debiandoc2* or make a static
index.html page ?

I mean, does anyone have any idea of how we could hack in debiandoc to make
it display links to translations at the bottom of each html page ?

Bye, Mt.