Re: language error at http://www.debian.org/releases/2.2/i386/ins tall

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 05:40:38PM +0300, arto.astala@nokia.com wrote:
> This seems to be a browser error, really.
>
> I checked also
>   www.de.debian.org
>   www.us.debian.org
>   www.za.debian.org (this one also with Opera 4.0, after Netscape)
> and all served the releases/2.2/i386/install page in polish.
> I consider it highly unlikely that our proxy would have
> in cache only polish versions of the page. However, then I retrieved
>   www.bg.debian.org first with Opera (got English version) and then
> with Netscape Communicator 4.06 and got Polish version.

Please do checking against www.debian.org. It is the only Debian site
that is under our administration so we can't be 100% sure the others
are correct. Also, lynx is the best browser to do checks with as it
implements content negotiation properly and doesn't cache pages
between sessions.

Could you visit http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/headers.pl for me?
It will send me the http headers your browser is sending.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org