Re: language error at http://www.debian.org/releases/2.2/i386/install

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 07:59:49AM -0400, Simson L. Garfinkel wrote:
> Thanks for your email. However, I think that this is a case of "blame the
> user." My language is set for English. I clicked on the links from the
> top-level www.debian.org site and within two minutes I was reading a page
> that was not in English.

We have been using content negotiation on the site for over 2 years.
In that time I have fixed a few problems with apache and learned
the quirks that using negotiated pages entails. we have also helped
about 100 people who have been having trouble receiving the proper
language. Since 1 1/2 years ago, they were all due to problems at
the users end. Thus, I hope you can appreciate my believing the
problem is at your end.

You say your language setting is English. Is that 'en' or 'en-uk' or
something else? It should be set to 'en'. If it is correct, then
you need to talk to your ISP to see if they are forcing you to using a
proxy, in which case it is broken.
More information can be found at http://www.debian.org/intro/cn.en.html

I'm sorry I keep pushing this back at you, but there is a 99%
chance that the problem is at your end.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org