Re: language error at http://www.debian.org/releases/2.2/i386/install

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 09:47:00AM +0530, Sthitaprajna wrote:
> "Simson L. Garfinkel" wrote:
> >
> > According to your documentation on
> > http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-installing.en.ht
> > ml,
> >
> > the link: http://www.debian.org/releases/2.2/i386/install
> >
> > Should be how to install Debian. Unfortunately, it is not in english; the
> > documentation implies that it shoudl be.
>
> How come I get a English documentation at the said address, the original
> note by Perens and others? Or has Debian done a quick check and
> corrected the mistake?

The first URL you went to uses the full filename to access the file (includes
the .en.html ending). Most of the links in the site do not contain the
extensions, so when the browser requests a file and suggests a language, the
version of a file in that language can be returned (English is returned if
nothing can be agreed upon).

As I said, read http://www.debian.org/misc/cn.en.html so you can learn
how to correct the problem.

--