Re: what needs doing?

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 02:19:24PM +1000, skud@netizen.com.au wrote:
> So, my first question is: what needs doing?  What tasks have been
> identified as the most necessary?

I think the most necessary thing to do is to update the Installation manual
to potato (presuming that hasn't already been done).

Other nice things you could do is to write stuff for the Network
Administrator and System Administrator manuals, since those aren't near
completion yet... probably polish up anything else.

Take a look at the web pages, there's plenty of things to pick from. :)

> Secondly: what background research do I need to do to get started?  What
> markup language are you using? (I'm most familiar with Docbook)

We use SGML, DebianDoc-SGML. That's also written on the web pages...
http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp see the `Documentation policy' link.

Check out things from the CVS, that's the most up-to-date copy for mostly
everything. When you make modifications worthy of commiting, send patches to
us, at least until the team leader (or whoever responsible) gives you
read/write access.