what needs doing?

I would very much like to volunteer some time and effort towards the
Debian documenation project.

So, my first question is: what needs doing?  What tasks have been
identified as the most necessary?

Secondly: what background research do I need to do to get started?  What
markup language are you using? (I'm most familiar with Docbook)

Anything else I should know?

Just to introduce myself somewhat: I've been a Debian user for a few
years, but haven't been involved in Debian development before.  I've got
a pile of writing and documentation behind me, including a series of
training materials for Perl programming and introductory Unix.

I'm currently working as the pointy-haired-boss for Netizen but have
recently resigned due to stress and poor health and all the other things
that come along with doing too much paper-pushing and not enough work on
the open source projects I'd much rather be working on.  I'll be
spending at least the next three months relaxing and putting some time
into whatever projects can use my help.  That's why I'm sending this
email.

K.

--
Kirrily Robert -- <skud@netizen.com.au> -- http://netizen.com.au/
Internet and Open Source Development, Consulting and Training