Re: debiandoc-sgml and debiandoc2ps

> Hi!

> In article <[🔎] 874schgot4.fsf@flevonet.nl>,
> 	Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org> writes:
> > I'm fully aware of this "problem", but it's only limited to "missing"
>
> Uhm. If I understood her correctly it's about missing </LI> and not
> missing </P>. The validator wouldn't bother with missing </P>, as that
> is legal HTML.

The current version only omits </p>s.  All the other tags come in pairs.

> > terribly wrong in the resulting layout.  This will be fixed once I
> > rewrite the whole thing using some XML Perl modules.
>
> What layout should go wrong in what way when missing </P>'s are added?
> This _can't_ be. It must be something different. HTML doesn't care for
> </P>.

Well, I didn't look very deeply into the why, how and what at that
time.  All I can rememeber is that generating the HTML code as it's
done currently suited the needs we had (although not completely, but
that's due to some limitations in what HTML let us do and how browsers
handle HTML).

Thanks,
Ardo
--