Re: a few ideas

On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 10:18:12AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Josip> Hi all, I had time today and went to see what is happening with
> Josip> network admin's manual, and to see how can I contribute.  First
> Josip> thing that struck me was that I had to type the entire path to
> Josip> get to it, while I don't need to do it when I want to fetch
> Josip> maint-guide. The name was particularly painful - I wonder can
> Josip> we rename it to something shorter, like network-admin?
>
> Personally, I think the NAM == Lars' NAG.  We should trash this manual
> as a Debian manual; the author should work with Lars instead
> <liw@debian.org>.
>
> Why would we re-write the Network Admin Guide from scratch, as a
> Debian-specific manual?  I just don't get it...

Neither do I. Instead, lets set another goal for it - not to say
what is already said, but what packages to install, where to look
for config files and logs, and other Debian related stuff. It would
be a manual dependant on NAG, but very short and just good advices
and tips.

The same should go for System Administrator's manual - does a LDP
manual equivalent to it exist?