Re: link to devel/release_info

>>>>> "Adam" == Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:
>>>>> "James" == James A Treacy <treacy@debian.org> writes:
James> The link to devel/release_notes has been deleted from the main
James> web page. devel/release_notes provides information that is
James> frequently requested; primarily what version of the kernel and
James> X are included in the next (or current if appropriate) release.

Adam> Actually, that page is flawed for even this purpose: the kernel
Adam> used is reported as 2.0.36.  That is x86-specific and incorrect.
Adam> For instance, for Debian/Sparc on the Sun4u architecture, you
Adam> *have* to use 2.2.x (currently, 2.2.1).  For m68k, they use
Adam> 2.0.35.

Adam> The X version is part of the release notes.  I could easily add
Adam> the default kernel version as well (I already have the data for
Adam> all platforms).

Done.