Re: what will be on the web

On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 08:22:19PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > However, I'll write to current maintainer of the tutorial and
> > let him know he's very welcome in DDP. I see no apparent reason
> > for the tutorial be left out of our effort.
>
> There's no need. tutorial is in its own CVS because it predates the DDP
> CVS and no one ever moved it. There's not any kind of rationale, the
> document is a part of the DDP already. I think I may have given the
> impression at one point that I didn't want to move it but I didn't mean
> to.

I presume you're the maintainer (haven't read the document in
while). The reason why I wanted it in DDP tree, is purely technical,
and for convenience sake - as you may have noticed, we are trying
to put some documents from the sources to the web pages, and having
tutorial in the same directory with same (well, not same but alike)
Makefile makes it easier. However, it is possible to handle it even
if it's not in the same branch.
Also, if tutorial was in the DDP tree it would feel more integrated.
Well, at least to me it would, since we already have FAQ in the DDP
tree and tutorial would round it up.

> My concern may have been that as it is now I can edit the CVSROOT/passwd
> file myself and give people access without pestering debian-admin, I don't
> know if this is true of DDP CVS? I don't remember if I was worried about
> that but it sounds possible.

AFAIK, DDP CVS tree is readable and writable by any Debian developer.
I hope you don't have a problem with that - and I think we can assure
you noone will write anything in it without considering maintainer's
(your) opinion.

> If someone wants to move it, go nuts. Be sure to let me know and to update
> the links on the web site though.

I don't want you to feel anyone forced you to move it, especially
because reasons are purely political and aesthetic.