Re: Installation manual

>> where do I get the installation manual for slink in a version
>> suitable for translation?

Tapio> http://www.debian.org/~aph/boot-floppies/source/

Tapio> although it is not reachable right now. Other place is from CVS
Tapio> if you are a Debian developer.

Argh!!  Ok, it's back.

For some reason the PDF generation stuff doesn't work at all in cron
scripts; it didn't die but just hung.  That meant that every night
when it did the update, it hung and source wasn't moved over (it's
done last).

So I've built it manually and removed the cron job.

What I'd like to do is move the "source by the web" area to
www.debian.org/releases/2.1/source/ if that's alright with y'all.
This is updated manually via rsync when significant revisions are
made.

Another question:

Should I create a install-manual package just containing the docs?
Currently we don't ship the install manual at all in compiled form in
any package.  Building the install manual, though not hard, is
probably not acceptable to most users.

If I do create an 'install-manual' ('debian-install-manual' to
distinguish from the LDP one?)  should I ship documentation for all
architectures with it?