Re: version 2.1.8 committed, tagged and uploaded

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:39:01 +0000, Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> said:

> It's done. I've commited my last 2.1.8 changes to CVS and tagged the
> thing. I've also finished uploading the floppies set to master. We
> are a week away from release, let's hope we won't need a 2.1.9. ;-)

Well, we will definately need a 2.1.9, if only for documentation
updates.  This is probably a bit less critical, however, since,
alternatively, we can say "go to www.debian.org" for newest docs, for
instance.

i386 docs are pretty good shape but I'm not happy about the LILO
instructions.  In the last 25% of the document there probably are a
few problems I didn't catch.

M68k just had a major patch from Michael (post 2.1.8) -- they are
definately in the best shape of the different platforms.  Post
installation booting and other stuff from chapter 6 on needs work, I
imagine.

I just got a big comment from Eric on the Sparc stuff; that still has
a *long* way to go.  Need to document SILO, and a lot of the basics
for sparc.

Winning the record for farthest from done is the Alpha version, where
we have to document SRM, MILO, etc etc etc etc!!