tutorial

Hi!

I think the 'boot' appendix is a good idea.  I am a newbie to Linux/Unix
but not to the 'PC' and I like to have some kind of idea about what is
going on inside the box.

I have run into one situation I have not found an easy answer to
anywhere yet:  I used the Ranish Partition Manager to set up my hard
drive for Linux and the Advanced Boot Manager to menu the boot options,
so far without problem; but, when I installed Linux I chose to boot from
a floppy as I did not want to risk the possibility of messing up the
functionality of the rest of my system, fearing I might not be able to
boot DOS or Windoze afterwards.

The problem is now I want to boot from the hard drive, using a menu
choice on the boot manager, but I can find no information about how to
change from one boot method to another except for references to Lilo
which I don't want to start messing around with now because I already
spent a week messing around with the other one and it seems to be
working really well and does everything.

So, maybe some information relating to that kind of thing would fit in
here (if it isn't already someplace else : ) ).

Thanks.

Phil N