Re: DDH subdirs, URLs, and URNs

Am 06.07.98 schrieb apharris # burrito.onshore.com ...

Moin Adam!

APH> Marcus, I have a question about the DDH system.  As I understood our
APH> last discussion of this issue, the DDH tree was centrally maintained,

Yes.

APH> which means that it's not possible for doc providers to create new
APH> nodes in the tree.

No, Marcus and me have agreed that the package maintainer can add new dirs
and this is very important. A good example is my doc-html-w3 package.
Instead of putting all documents in /web, I#ve created a subdir /web/w3.

We have agreed that dirs should be part of DDH, if more than one package
uses this directory.

?

APH> 1) if the file is located in the doc dir of the package <pkg>, i.e.,
APH>    /usr/share/doc/<pkg>/<remaining-path>, and <pkg> is the package
APH>    that *supplies* the resource, then it is appropriate to use a
APH>    package name, and where <path> is the location of the document on
APH>    the file system relative to /usr/share/doc/<pkg> or /usr/doc/<pkg>,
APH>    in that order

No. That#s a bad idea, again. I can#t understand your problems with my
solutions.

APH> Is this enough functionality?

Again, I don#t like this strange solutions.

cu, Marco

--
Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.de           Fido: 2:240/5202.15
Mailbox: mbudde@hqsys.antar.com    http://www.tu-harburg.de/~semb2204/