Re: DDP webpages now at www.debian.org

"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> The Debian Documetation Project web pages are now at
>
>   http://www.debian.org/~elphick/ddp/

Excellent.

> I have set up the CVS tree and submitted the manuals and webpages under
> it.  It should be available as /cvs/debian-doc on the CVS pserver.
> However, I have not yet managed to connect to it by that means :-(

No, well, usually pserver is only used for anonymous access.
Generally, people want to user client/server with CVS_RSH set to ssh,
using :ext:.  I've written up documentation for this for the metadata
spec also, I'll emit another build of that and point you to it.

> At the moment, files in the repository are writable only by me, while
> I find out how to manage permissions.  I would like all regular contributors
> to the DDP to have write access, so please let me know who you are and
> what you are working on.

I don't understand quite what you're doing here.  Suppose I adopt
(which I'm thinking of doing) developers-reference package
(http://www.debian.org/~elphick/ddp/manuals.html#devref).  Well I
always build my packages out of CVS.  So do I have some files as under
cvs.debian.org:/debian-doc and some locally?  Do I only use
cvs.debian.org:/debian-doc?  Would it be ok to have the debian subdir
there, and all the other, non-DDP related materials (control files,
etc.)?

How are you planning to enforce common structure w.r.t. building HTML
etc from SGML?  Have you considered my makefile suggestion?