Re: Debian User's Manual

Hi!

"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:

> This is a response to a private message, but since it's on a public
> subject I am forwarding it to the list:
>
> Ole J. Tetlie wrote:
>   >Hi!
>   >
>   >I sent a message to Ardo about DUM, but I've got no reply. Since
>   >it's rather urgent I try you instead.
>   >
>   >I have lots of time free this summer, but no access to the Internet.
>   >Therefor I thought that something of the most useful I could do was to
>   >write a chapter for the DUM.
>   >
>   >I don't know if you have authors for all chapters or which chapters
>   >are available. By first choice would be programming, but I could
>   >also write something else.
>   >
>   >I'm leaving the net in about a week, so a quick answer
>   >would be appreciated.

First of all, I don't understand why Ole has not received my replies.
My mail log files tell me that I received from him two messages on
June 19 and that I send him two replies on June 20.  What's happening
beyond my ISP account is out of my hands.

> I don't know what is going on.  I contributed a chapter of the user
> manual last year, but that has never been put on the website; in the
> circumstances, it seems a bit of a waste of time.  Havoc Pennington
> also wrote a chapter and is doing a lot of work on a Tutorial, which isn't
> even mentioned on the DDP page.

Oliver, I thought we agreed that you would contact Havoc about
incorporating your chapter in the Tutorial.  Hence I refrained from
including it in the User's Manual.  If I misunderstood you I apologize.

> To the list as a whole: this project currently appears to be stuck fast.
> The DDP homepage still refers to Christian Schwarz, who has unfortunately
> left the project, and the content as a whole doesn't seem to have changed
> in a year.  If contributions are not incorporated, there are not
> going to be any more contributions; I certainly won't spend time writing
> stuff that no-one will read.
>
> What is going on??????@!#$%?

For some reason the follow-up of Christian as coordinator has not been
take care of yet.

> --
> Oliver Elphick                                Oliver.Elphick@lfix.co.uk
> Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
>                PGP key from public servers; key ID 32B8FAA1
>      "Honor thy father and mother; which is the first
>       commandment with promise; That it may be well with
>       thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth."
>                           Ephesians 6:2,3

Thanks,

Ardo
--