Re: Debian User's Manual

This is a response to a private message, but since it's on a public
subject I am forwarding it to the list:

Ole J. Tetlie wrote:
  >Hi!
  >
  >I sent a message to Ardo about DUM, but I've got no reply. Since
  >it's rather urgent I try you instead.
  >
  >I have lots of time free this summer, but no access to the Internet.
  >Therefor I thought that something of the most useful I could do was to
  >write a chapter for the DUM.
  >
  >I don't know if you have authors for all chapters or which chapters
  >are available. By first choice would be programming, but I could
  >also write something else.
  >
  >I'm leaving the net in about a week, so a quick answer
  >would be appreciated.

I don't know what is going on.  I contributed a chapter of the user
manual last year, but that has never been put on the website; in the
circumstances, it seems a bit of a waste of time.  Havoc Pennington
also wrote a chapter and is doing a lot of work on a Tutorial, which isn't
even mentioned on the DDP page.

To the list as a whole: this project currently appears to be stuck fast.
The DDP homepage still refers to Christian Schwarz, who has unfortunately
left the project, and the content as a whole doesn't seem to have changed
in a year.  If contributions are not incorporated, there are not
going to be any more contributions; I certainly won't spend time writing
stuff that no-one will read.

What is going on??????@!#$%?

     "Honor thy father and mother; which is the first
      commandment with promise; That it may be well with
      thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth."
                          Ephesians 6:2,3