Re: finally end single-person maintainership

Hi,

On 5/23/24 04:32, Andrey Rakhmatullin wrote:

It could be argued that testing migration is a CI process. >> Its a CI process at a way too late stage.
Also, uploading to test a merge request is not the right thing to do.

If the archive is a VCS then uploading an untested package to experimental
to run tools is pushing a commit to run CI.
*shrug*

Yes, but unironically: experimental is a side branch, unstable is a MR, and testing is the main branch.

It is entirely valid to be dissatisfied with the turnaround time of the existing CI, but what we're seeing here is the creation of a parallel structure with as-of-yet unclear scope.

Can we define the scope as "quick-turnaround unofficial validation", because that's the niche that is currently underserved?

   Simon