Re: Salsa - best thing in Debian in recent years? (Re: finally end single-person maintainership)

Hi

On 21-05-2024 1:08 p.m., Sean Whitton wrote:
PS: I've always wondered if the dgit server shouldn't track history, even if
uploads don't happen via it. A dgit clone could (should?) already provide
available history, even if no upload happened via it yet.

Well, 'dgit clone' adds a vcs-git remote pointing at the maintainer's
history.  So it sort of does this.  We could make it do more.

Huh. Than my workflow hides this. All I'm often seeing is just the tar content represented in a commit, the latest Debian packing in another and the merge of these two (if I recall and describe what I recall correctly). I always thought that dgit clone generated that on my computer if there was no git content on the dgit server. I'll try to remember this next time I run my no-changes-source-only upload script.

Paul