Re: Salsa - best thing in Debian in recent years? (Re: finally end single-person maintainership)

> > Ideally debbugs should be made non-native so that some else could
> > maintain the Debian package.
>
> I'm happy to review patches that get the 2.6 branch of debbugs in shape
> where it can be released into Debian again if someone wants to take that
> effort. I've just assumed that anyone using that package was running
> unstable or running debbugs out of git.

I did not notice the release_2.6 branch before. What is the intent
with that branch? Do you want people to submit patches targeting
'master' or 'release_2.6'? How often do you plan to merge it to or
from 'master'?

The 'master' branch is still the default branch. The
https://salsa.debian.org/debbugs-team/debbugs/-/blob/master/README.md
does not mention anything about release_2.6. Should it?

I am a big fan of READMEs and recommend using them to convey guidance
to contributors (assuming you want to have contributors).