Re: Salsa - best thing in Debian in recent years? (Re: finally end single-person maintainership)

On Sun, 19 May 2024, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Also debbugs is a special case:
> The debbugs Debian package (as opposed to the debbugs software) have never been
> really maintained. I am actually one of the very few users of this package
> and I tried several times to get the maintainers to do a new upload but they
> were clearly not interested.

It's more that I'm prioritizing spending my (very) limited Debian time
on keeping bugs.debian.org and debbugs itself working (and [very slowly]
developing a new version of Debbugs with a more modern design in the
hopes that others will contribute.)

> Ideally debbugs should be made non-native so that some else could
> maintain the Debian package.

I'm happy to review patches that get the 2.6 branch of debbugs in shape
where it can be released into Debian again if someone wants to take that
effort. I've just assumed that anyone using that package was running
unstable or running debbugs out of git.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

A people living under the perpetual menace of war and invasion is very
easy to govern. It demands no social reforms. It does not haggle over
expenditures on armaments and military equipment. It pays without
discussion, it ruins itself, and that is an excellent thing for the
syndicates of financiers and manufacturers for whom patriotic terrors
are an abundant source of gain.
 -- Anatole France