Re: Re-enabling os-prober for live images?

kilobyte wrote:

>At this point, I'd just enable os-prober unconditionally, and think of a

Erm, *no*?!

os-prober corrupts data when called (in virtualisation/emulation
guests, at the very least).

Steve wrote:

>I'm also pondering tweaking things in d-i to re-enable os-prober if
>the system looks like it might have some other OS installed. Yes, I

But what if the system has *both* other OSes installed *and* is
used as virtualisation host (when booting Debian) at the same time?

You’ll still get data corruption of unrelated data (VM guests).
I consider that inacceptable, but apparently YMMV…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-