Re: Re-enabling os-prober for live images?

jcc@debian.org wrote:

>Since the grub 2.06 upload, os-prober is now disabled by default. This
>means that other operating systems are no longer detected and added to
>grub by default in Debian 12.

>I haven't followed further on to which solution they went with, but
>since it's so late in the development cycle, wouldn't it make sense to
>enable os-prober for Live systems for Debian 12, and then look at some
>of the better solutions (like only probing at install time, and keeping
>a cached results for grub) for Debian 13?

I'm also pondering tweaking things in d-i to re-enable os-prober if
the system looks like it might have some other OS installed. Yes, I
realise that may sound odd(!), but I can see a number of users
complaining that their dual-boot system doesn't work any more... :-/

< sladen> I actually stayed in a hotel and arrived to find a post-it
          note stuck to the mini-bar saying "Paul: This fridge and
          fittings are the correct way around and do not need altering"