Re: Need a buildd build after trip through NEW -- best practice?

On 2022-08-25 08:43:58 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, 2022-08-24 at 23:19 +0200, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:
>
> > I run
> >
> > $ drt-tools process-excuses
> >
> > once a day (except during VAC or when I am not in front of a box with my
> > Debian keys). That schedules binNMUs for all packages that only require
> > a rebuild and have no other issues preventing migration.
>
> Perhaps those binNMUs should be done from release.d.o, so
> that the responsibility for them is the full release team?

In theory I agree … but the code requires a rustc version that is not in
stable and a bunch of rust crates that are not packaged. Since I don't
have the time to backport rustc and I don't want to burden DSA with
maintining a rustup/cargo setup, that's currently not possible.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher