Re: Need a buildd build after trip through NEW -- best practice?

On 2022-08-24 22:06:55 +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 24-08-2022 02:05, Paul Wise wrote:
> > The release team automatically do binNMUs for packages that need a
> > rebuild to transition to testing and are able to be binNMUed
>
> Maybe my fellow Release Team members have automated this locally, but I'm
> not aware of shared tools (or even cron jobs) that do this. If we spot them,
> we *may* (and often do ) binNMU.

I run

$ drt-tools process-excuses

once a day (except during VAC or when I am not in front of a box with my
Debian keys). That schedules binNMUs for all packages that only require
a rebuild and have no other issues preventing migration.

The code is at https://github.com/sebastinas/drt-tools.

> > The patch for dropping NEW binaries has been in dak for two years but
> > its configuration options were never enabled by ftp-master so far.
> >
> > Dinstall::ThrowAwayNewBinarySuites
> > Dinstall::ThrowAwayNewBinaryComponents
>
> I would be a great fan of this happening.

Indeed.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher