Re: Need a buildd build after trip through NEW -- best practice?

Hi,

On 24-08-2022 02:05, Paul Wise wrote:
The release team automatically do binNMUs for packages that need a
rebuild to transition to testing and are able to be binNMUed

Maybe my fellow Release Team members have automated this locally, but I'm not aware of shared tools (or even cron jobs) that do this. If we spot them, we *may* (and often do ) binNMU.

The patch for dropping NEW binaries has been in dak for two years but
its configuration options were never enabled by ftp-master so far.

Dinstall::ThrowAwayNewBinarySuites
Dinstall::ThrowAwayNewBinaryComponents

I would be a great fan of this happening.

Paul