Re: chromium: Update to version 94.0.4606.61 (security-fixes)

Quoting Andres Salomon (2022-02-14 08:55:22)
> I've finally give up and am just using ALL the bundled node packages:
> https://salsa.debian.org/chromium-team/chromium/-/commit/a418d219f0217d6398a01c30035d35c42f7a76f1
>
> It's not ideal, but at least with this we'll match all of the node
> stuff with what upstream is testing, with the single exception of
> nodejs itself (which we're still using from debian). The only other
> alternative I can think of is to get all the node packages into
> debian, and they'd also need to be backported to bullseye. I haven't
> looked into this yet, but it might be necessary if upstream breaks
> compatibility with nodejs 12. So, uh, if anyone is bored and looking
> for some node packages to maintain.... :)

I fully recognize the pain of maintaining a big package and then on top
of that paying attention to packaging a pile of Node.js modules.

It is also, however, a pain to maintain a pile of Node.js modules and
then on top of that paying attention to big packages struggling with
bundled Node.js modules.

Suggestion: Please consider filing RFP bugreports for each Node.js
module that you give up on unbundling.  That is far more helpful towards
delegating the work than mentioning deep inside a mailinglist thread
without "help needed packaging Node.js modules" as subject.

A next step (independent, not necessarily by you) could then be to
user-tag RFP bugs tied to unbundling, to help prioritize those among the
many WNPP bugreports.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas