Re: Shall we serve scripts as application or as text?

On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 10:58:45PM +0100, Roger Lynn wrote:
> It is usually easy to save a text file from a web browser, while it is hard
> (impossible?) to persuade it to display an unknown application/* type. Thus,
> even if your latter example is more common, it may be preferable use text/.

There's a Firefox addon that you can use to tell the browser to just
try displaying whatever it is as text (or image or a few other options)
rather than spawning an application or saving it:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-in-browser/

This plugin has vastly improved my opinion of Firefox.

Thanks