Re: Shall we serve scripts as application or as text?

On 2021-08-30 22:58:45 +0100 (+0100), Roger Lynn wrote:
[...]
> It is usually easy to save a text file from a web browser, while
> it is hard (impossible?) to persuade it to display an unknown
> application/* type. Thus, even if your latter example is more
> common, it may be preferable use text/.

I too prefer to view them as text, but this seems like something
which should be fixed *in* the browsers/clients, not worked around
at the server side (and more importantly, not by baking those
workarounds into default configuration). If everyone just serves the
workaround, the client-side bugs will almost certainly never be
fixed.
--
Jeremy Stanley