Re: Shall we serve scripts as application or as text?

Charles:

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 02:17:10PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Before I remove text/x-sh and the like so that shell and tcl scripts
> files are served as 'application' like others, I would like to hear if
> some of you see a potential problem with that.

Someone might see a problem, but I don't.  However, I have a question.

> Since Bullseye, the /etc/mime.types is provided in its own package,
> media-types, and in Bookworm I would like to brush up its contents
> further.

What is the relationship between /etc/mime.types
and /usr/share/mime/globs, please?  When to use the one and when,
the other?

I ask because I have been using /usr/share/mime/globs for all
purposes, and have not been using /etc/mime.types at all.

(You probably know already but to inform other readers:
the /usr/share/mime/globs file is installed by the
shared-mime-info package.)