Re: BTS not archiving Bcc: mails? [was: Re: inconsistent mailgraph settings]G

On 2021-08-23 07:43:07 +0100, Tim Woodall wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2021, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > Am 23. August 2021 07:19:26 MESZ schrieb Tomas Pospisek <tpo2@sourcepole.ch>:
> > >
> > > The thing is, if you close a bug report via `Bcc:
> > > 999999999999-close@bugs.debian.org` then the mail that arrives at the
> > > BTS does *not* have the 999999999999-close@bugs.debian.org address in
> > > the email header but only in the mail envelope - that is, when
> > > connecting the sending MTA will tell the BTS MTA "RCPT TO:
> > > 999999999999-close@bugs.debian.org"
> > > and that's it. This will close the bug, but the address
> > > 999999999999-close@bugs.debian.org will not be visible in the email
> > > that's archived...
> >
> > Funny, just some minutes before your mail I have filed
> > bug #992755 as a place to test and document this
> > behaviour.
> >
> > It's indeed as you stated.
> >
> > Thus, I will reopen and rename that bug accordingly.
>
> When I toggle "show useless messages" I think I do see the closure. And
> I see the one for 989734 too.

Yes, but only the notification (and one needs to see the full message).
But what if the close message is sent when an empty From or with
a From containing the 999999999999-close@bugs.debian.org address
of the bug[*] (such messages could come from spammers)?

[*] That could yield a loop, and this may depend on how it is broken.