Re: Steam Deck: good news for Linux gaming, bad news for Debian :(

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 07:48:06AM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> Backports is not analogous to the concepts Timothy was presenting. It's
> *one* repository, not a system where people (not just Debian maintainers)
> can create repos.

extrepo tries to help there, and now that bullseye is released, should
be more usable for everyone.

Unfortunately it requires you to do all the handywork in order to have
an actual, signed, repository, but reprepro is easy enough to use and
works well enough for most use cases; it's something that we could
document somewhere and then point people to it.

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}