Re: missing unblock requests (was Re: bullseye release planned on 2021-08-14 and the last weeks up to the release)

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 09:36:15PM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> I already had the situation that I accidently uploaded to sid instead of
>> experimental, and I then created an RC bug to block migration. Frequent
>> reminders about the non-migration wouldn't have helped me to solve the
>> problem.
>
> you mean like this:
>
>    1  s  Jul 23 Paul Gevers          (3.3K) bullseye release planned on 2021-08-14 and the last weeks up to the release
>    2  s  Jul 17 Paul Gevers          (1.4K) Debian bullseye fully frozen
>    7  S  Jun 14 Cyril Brulebois      (4.7K) Debian Installer Bullseye RC 2 release
>    8  s  Jun 13 Paul Gevers          (1.3K) Full Freeze starts on 2021-07-17
>   12  s  May 02 Paul Gevers          (4.4K) bits from the Release Team: bullseye status update
>   13  S  Apr 23 Cyril Brulebois      (6.3K) Debian Installer Bullseye RC 1 release
>   26  s  Mar 20 Paul Gevers          (2.2K) Bits from the Release Team: frozen hard to get hot
>
> ?

No, I meant the mails that were proposed to be sent out periodically for
packages that don't migrate for one or the other reason.

My point here is: mistakes do happen, also in the upload to
unstable. And a common way to work around an unwanted upload is a
blocking RC bug to prevent migration. Sometimes, this even happens after
an intended upload, f.e. when the maintainer considers a package to be
not ready at all for the next release. Virtualbox is such a
never migrating package.

Long migration times are definitely something one should have a look,
but they are not a general reason to put pressure on the maintainer.

Cheers

Ole