missing unblock requests (was Re: bullseye release planned on 2021-08-14 and the last weeks up to the release)

Paul Gevers dixit:

>                                     vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
> * **Unblock request** deadline:   > 2021-08-03 12:00 UTC <
>                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>   - You must submit your unblock request *before* then
>   - Your changes must be ready to migrate to bullseye at that time
>   - Upload several days *before* the deadline

Might be useful to script-check everything that’s newer in sid
than in testing against the open unblock requests. I have seen
changes that are definitely targetting bullseye (RC bug python
2 removal, in fritzing-parts, for example) where the maintainer
seems to have forgotten them (same for occasional post-NMU up‐
loads and even binNMUs), as well as uploads for packages where
I thought they’d have unblock requests and am surprised to see
none (bash, for example). Things that we probably want to have
in the release and that went below the radar for weeks?

Actually… it might be useful if there was a tool to do that and
ping the maintainers every three days or so during the entire
freeze (including early). The annoyance of those mails might even
serve to help making maintainers avoid uploads to sid that they
don’t want to include in the release during the freeze… I know
that each time there are *way* too many of those…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
„Cool, /usr/share/doc/mksh/examples/uhr.gz ist ja ein Grund,
mksh auf jedem System zu installieren.“