Re: automatic NEW processing [was Re: Need help with Multi-Arch in systemd]

On 16200 March 1977, Michael Lustfield wrote:

I do recall that the FTP masters would've been generally open to have such an auto-approver (but maybe I'm wrong), but that no-one stepped up yet to code it up?
A few of us came up with some proof of concept designs/models, but we
ultimately dropped the effort when it became clear the team wasn't interested in such tools. We considered continuing with a tool that would work for individual users reviewing their own work, but there just wasn't enough
interest for that either.

I'd be happy to help resurrect (the personal-use version of) the project/effort
if there's any chance I won't be working on it by myself...

The place for that feature to end up in is inside dak, obviously.
That feature should read its config (is it enabled? for the current package? with which config for it?) from the database (projectb). And then just hook itself into the part of the uploading that redirects packages to NEW.

And then one could look if it gets implemented a bit more generic and not NEW specific, but able to do something like this for any policy queue. (As in, backports NEW, p-u, whatever). So, configurable per queue. For the actual feature and the affected packages.

Any MR going in that direction will be great.

--
bye, Joerg