Re: merged /usr considered harmful (was Re: Bits from the Technical Committee)

On Tue, 2021-07-20 at 21:51 +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 11:15:33PM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> [...]
> > Debian, the Universal Operating System was used some years ago!
>
> Svante, fine. You are unhappy with Debian since years, you're not
> using it anymore, you are not contributing, this is debian-devel@ not
> debian-rant@, so please STFU.

Hi Holger, I would have expected a reply like this from you. I do still
use Debian, some of my boxes are still Debian-based. Soon they will
probably be converted to Devuan though. I do still contribute to
Debian, mainly to Debian GNU/Hurd and Debian GNU/kFreeBSD. As long as
these ports are still alive within Debian I won't go away.

Holger (and others), please consider the arguments and facts given in
the latest postings to this thread, these issues are serious and not
something you just can easily close with an STFU argument to me!

Thanks!