Re: Reconsider sending ITP bugs to debian-devel: a new list?

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 04:22:31PM +0200, Stephan Lachnit wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 4:26 PM Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >
> > To be honest, I think if we did that we'd lose just about all the
> > reviews that currently happen. The whole point of sending ITPs to
> > d-devel is that they will be seen by a wider audience, but I can't see
> > many signing up for YA mailing list for them.
>
> How about sending a digest of a potential debian-itp to d-d on a weekly basis?

If, and only if, that gets implemented:

* The burden of matching Subject:  with subject of email
* The burden of adding the correct BTS-number as email To address

> I think we wouldn't lose any reviews with this, I would even go as far
> and claim that there will be more reviews, since it's less of an
> "annoyance" and more of a weekly "let's see what people are up to".

I think we would lose many reviews with a "weekly digest".

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse