Re: Reconsider sending ITP bugs to debian-devel: a new list?

On 2021-06-14 16:22:31 +0200 (+0200), Stephan Lachnit wrote:
[...]
> How about sending a digest of a potential debian-itp to d-d on a
> weekly basis? I think we wouldn't lose any reviews with this, I
> would even go as far and claim that there will be more reviews,
> since it's less of an "annoyance" and more of a weekly "let's see
> what people are up to".

I don't think that's a valid assumption. The current copies, since
they're one to an ITP, include the name of the software being
packaged in the subject line. If there's one which mentions software
I'm familiar with, I'm far more likely to read the ITP message and
possibly subscribe to it in the BTS to get further updates. The vast
majority of ITP messages I simply delete unread, having seen only
their subject lines.

If these were aggregated into a digest, fitting the names of all the
relevant software into the subject would be unlikely a lot of the
time. As such, list subscribers are far less likely to spot one for
software they might care about.
--
Jeremy Stanley