Re: Thanks and Decision making working group (was Re: General Resolution: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board result)

Simon Richter writes:
> A core component of the operating system we ship is so complex that it
> needs to be maintained by full-time employees. This has effectively given
> the corporation employing these people veto power over our technical
> decisions, because even though the software they ship is technically free
> software, the cost of maintaining a fork is higher than a volunteer
> organization can afford sustainably.

Yes, I agree that Debian can't maintain a custom fork of the Linux
kernel and we practically have to trust employees of the Linux
Foundation like Linus Torvalds to maintain it reasonably.

> The same corporation has also issued a statement on the reelection of RMS
> to the FSF board, so apparently they don't feel the need to be "apolitical"
> in the interest of not alienating "valuable" contributors, so I fail to see
> what we are trying to achieve here.

The Linux Foundation has issued a statement on the FSF board changes?

Ansgar