Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Packages in contrib solely because they allow using non-free software

> > But neither winetricks nor lutris are wrapper packages for
> > non-free programs — while they do allow installing and using non-free
> > software as well, they can be used for any kidn of game or program,
> > including free software. Lutris actually has explicit support for quite a few
> > games that are in Debian main.
>
> Then it should be moved to main, same as OpenCL support was.

The argument raised earlier, that although these games are DFSG-free, they do
not fulfill the requirement for Debian main being self-contained holds, imho
(lutris ignores the Debian packages and installs copies of the games from
who-knows-where).

That is something that I dislike, independent of the main vs. contrib discussion.
If lutris gained support for the package system, and the ability to install free
games from the distribution's repository if available, I think it should definitely
be moved to main (I will probably open a feature request upstream for that; it might
not even be too hard to implement).

-nik